Our Mission:To assist search clients in the process and attract candidates who are the perfect fit for each institution. Hyatt-Fennell works closely and diligently with every client to enhance the process and assure a successful search.
Dec 28, 2020
Give Yourself The Gift of Reflection
Many of us are eager to forget 2020 as quickly as we can and move on. While we empathize with a desire to look to brighter times, don’t cheat yourself out of the gift of reflection. Making a practice of looking back over the year that’s coming to a close and planning for the year to come can unlock professional growth. Set aside an hour or two, brew yourself some coffee, and spend some time asking yourself these questions:
● What were my biggest accomplishments of this year?
● What was the biggest surprise of this year?
● What challenges did this year bring?
● How did my response show growth?
● How can my response to challenge continue to improve?
● What habits or practices are holding me back?
● What professional aspirations have I been putting off?
● What additional resources (training, collaborators, equipment) do I need to grow?
We recommend having a specific notebook or document on your computer for this yearly practice to gain a cumulative perspective. You can garner valuable lessons through an annual retrospective. With some intentionality, we can make the most of what we’ve learned to make 2021 a better year, both professionally and personally. What is your biggest takeaway from this year? Share your wisdom with us on social media.