Hyatt-Fennell is here for you during these unprecedented times. We remain deeply committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, clients, candidates and families. A message from Cheryl Hyatt
Do Your Employees Have the Skills They Need for Tomorrow? Five Interview Questions to Ask
Working from home has brought soft-skills into even sharper relief. Companies value people skills, communication aptitude, and personal initiative more than ever. That’s not changing anytime soon. The World Economic Forum recently identified the top 10 job skills for 2025. Among the list:
1. Active learning and learning strategies
2. Complex problem solving
3. Creativity, originality, and initiative
4. Leadership and social influence
5. Resilience, stress tolerance, and flexibility
Here are five interview questions to assess a candidate in these key areas. Doing so can make sure your organization gets the people it needs today to tackle the opportunities of tomorrow.
1. How do you stay up-to-date in your field? How do you integrate new knowledge into your current practices?
2. Describe a situation when you encountered an unexpected challenge with a project. How did you approach a resolution?
3. Tell us about a time when a conventional approach wasn’t advisable for a project. How did you innovate?
4. How do you respond to colleagues who disagree with you?
5. Describe a time a project you were working on fell apart. How did you respond?
Looking for some help with filling key roles in your organization? Hyatt-Fennell Executive Search brings the insights of experience with a robust network of connections to each organization they serve. Have questions about your leadership needs? Reach out today to start the conversation.